When it comes to entertaining for football fun, it can be as easy as one, two, brie! Here’s a simple recipe for a sweet, crowd-pleasing dish that will have your entire party cheering for you.
A Brie-tiful Appetizer
1 wheel of brie from the Standard Market CUBE
2 puff pastry sheets
1 tbsp brown sugar
1 tsp vanilla
1 dash of salt
1/2 cup walnuts, chopped
1 egg, lightly beaten
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Mix brown sugar, vanilla, salt and walnuts in a bowl until blended.
3. Place brie in center of the puff pastry and spoon sugar-nut mixture on top. Add second puff pastry sheet over the top and pinch edges together to seal the seam. Cut off extra until perfectly round.
4. Place in greased pie pan (as to contain all that cheesy goodness!) and brush with the beaten egg.
5. Bake for 35 minutes, or until pastry is golden brown and brie is melty. Let brie sit for about 5 minutes so tongues are not burned on the molten hot cheese and sugar!
Serve with your favorite toasted French bread or on its own, perhaps with a sprinkle of raisins or another favorite dried fruit.
Posted on 9/5/17.