How To Pan Roast a Pork Chop
Equipment: heavy-bottomed sauté or frying pan, meat thermometer
- Allow the pork chops to come to room temperature for up to 1 hour. Season them with kosher or sea salt and black pepper.
- Add 1T butter and 1T canola oil to hot sauté pan, and continue heating until butter is melted and frothing.
- Over medium heat, sear the first side of each chop until golden brown and cook for 3-4 minutes. Turn once, using tongs to keep from losing juices, and repeat on the uncooked side.
- For slightly pink, juicy chops, cook until a meat thermometer in the thickest part of each chop reads 145°F. For well done, cook until the temperature reaches 160°F.
- Remove from the pan and leave the chops to rest on a cutting board for 10 minutes before cutting.
What’s for Dinner Tonight?®
Dinner for Two—To Go!