How To Saute Chicken Breasts
Equipment: Heavy-bottomed sauté or frying pan, meat thermometer
- Season both sides with salt and pepper (or according to recipe).
- Heat a sauté pan over high heat, and carefully add butter and canola oil in equal parts to the hot pan.
- Once the butter stops sizzling, add the seasoned chicken breasts (if they have skin on, skin side down first).
- Cook over medium heat until golden brown (with crisp skin) approximately 4-5 minutes.
- Turn and continue to cook until the juices run clear when the chicken is pierced, or to 170°F on a meat thermometer inserted into the thickest part of the breast.